Welcome to my crazy life

Just a quick welcome from me to you and a thank you for reading and following along on the crazy road which I call my life. Here you will be able to follow along the ups and downs of our little family's life and adventures as we grow, learn and travel. Plus I will give up some advice on things I have done that seemed to have helped with getting my daughter and son to learn different functions, from sleeping through the night to eating all her food and beyond. Also if you have a question please feel free to leave it in a comment and I will happily make a post just to answer your question. Also keep a look out for new and old product reviews as well as special events. Here's to the family life and to a crazy adventure.

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Holidays without him...St Patrick's Day

So, St. Patrick's Day is here and luckily almost over.  Though its not a really big holiday, like Christmas or Halloween, but its still a holiday and this year I had to pass on really celebrating it.  We did the whole wear green thing but that is about it.  I didn't get to go all out and make some Irish food since I didn't want to just cook it for me, I forgot to get some beer.  Plus sitting here in the quiet house, kids are asleep, it just sucks.  Today during the day to keep my mind off it being the 1st holiday he has really missed with us.  I had the kids play and let them watch their favorite shows on TV and gave Kenzi new foods all day which she liked so that was fun. For me I just cleaned house and did laundry as well as did some crafting.  Nothing over the top special, just treated the day like any other.  The big thing I am worrying about is how Easter will go.  This will be my first Easter celebration completely on my own.  I guess I should start planning what to do now so that it doesn't get forgotten and I end up feeling this same way.  Anyway, at the very least, we did do a little celebration with wearing green but like I said nothing super special.  I hope that everyone who has gone out to celebrate make it home safe and sound.  For those of us who stayed in I hope you get to do a little something special. 

Happy St Patrick's Day everyone!

1 comment:

LeiShell said...

Aaaw, that is a bummer. I really made no big deal of it because I am not Irish and I sort of didn't see the point unless you love holidays that are based around partying and getting drunk? Just me. But I do love crafts and such, so maybe as Eli gets older we will make it more fun. Holidays would be tough...can't imagine, and with a brand new little one. Hang in there. Make some Easter plans, blow it out the box...if only just for you. Take lots of pics so he can see and create some great memories. Maybe make him a special scrapbook of all the things he has missed. I know that if I were him, I would want to see!