Welcome to my crazy life

Just a quick welcome from me to you and a thank you for reading and following along on the crazy road which I call my life. Here you will be able to follow along the ups and downs of our little family's life and adventures as we grow, learn and travel. Plus I will give up some advice on things I have done that seemed to have helped with getting my daughter and son to learn different functions, from sleeping through the night to eating all her food and beyond. Also if you have a question please feel free to leave it in a comment and I will happily make a post just to answer your question. Also keep a look out for new and old product reviews as well as special events. Here's to the family life and to a crazy adventure.

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Brownies, spruced up






What a great way to spruce up some ordinary brownies.  I added chopped walnuts to the top and to cut back on the calories and make this have a little deeper flavor I took out the oil and replaced it with zero calorie hazelnut flavoring.  By switching it out the brownies turned out a little more cake like but they are super tasty and would go perfectly with a scoop of ice cream but I am just going to stick with my non fat milk to accompany my piece. 

Most of my baking I replace the oil with something better, be that zero calorie flavoring or even baby food.  It is so much fun to play with ingredients.  This one is a basic box brownie mix that called for 1/2 cup of oil and after looking at how many calories are  in a serving and then seeing the serving for oil being a table spoon I decided this one needed to be replaced.  I happened to have some hazelnut oil with no calories so I happily replaced the oil with that and then followed the rest of the ingredients to a T and it turned out delicious.  I even let my daughter have a little taste and she liked it (she doesn't like sweets so her liking this was a big plus for me.) I normally don't give my daughter a whole lot of sweets but from time to time I like to give her a treat and this was hers. 

So my toddler gives it her seal of approval and I urge you all to try it.  I bet you will never use oil again.

No comments: