Welcome to my crazy life

Just a quick welcome from me to you and a thank you for reading and following along on the crazy road which I call my life. Here you will be able to follow along the ups and downs of our little family's life and adventures as we grow, learn and travel. Plus I will give up some advice on things I have done that seemed to have helped with getting my daughter and son to learn different functions, from sleeping through the night to eating all her food and beyond. Also if you have a question please feel free to leave it in a comment and I will happily make a post just to answer your question. Also keep a look out for new and old product reviews as well as special events. Here's to the family life and to a crazy adventure.

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Keeping busy...with kids :)

So we are almost at a week into the deployment and it feels like time has flown bye.  I guess that is what happens when you have an 18 month old and a 3 week(almost 4 week) old to keep you busy. Also it helps that everything seems to be smoothing out finally too.  Once we get thru this month we should be right on track with not only bills but with our savings too.  Its nice to finally see things working out, or at least working with us.  Anyway, how we have been keeping busy is through cleaning, and a lot of playing on the floor.  Also just the process of getting 2 kids ready for an outing and then getting in the car and leaving takes care of the morning, which tells me that we will be doing more outings as a time passer.  I have also been working on blankets and trying to redo my original blog and website, which will most likely be up by the end of the month.  It'll be a great place to see reviews on products we are using/trying out, as well as a place to catch up with the kids.  I will still keep this blog up too to give updates on the whole family.  I love being able to blog and see that people are actually reading it is awesome too. 

So things that I have found to keep the kids busy, well Gabe is easy, for right now anyway, all he needs to keep him happy is to be fed and have a clean bottom and he will go to sleep or suck on his hand.  Yep I said hand, he found his thumb and I guess felt that like his fingers it too was too long to suck on as he gags every time he tries to suck on his fingers.  Kenzi on the other hand gets bored from time to time and when that happens not even a quick change of background noise helps.  Lately with it being chilly we have been playing with her my little pony collection but as the days get nicer and not so wet out  side we will be venturing out side to run around the backyard...though I want to be cleared to exercise before we do that as I know I will be chasing her around since there is no fence back there.  We will also be going to the park downtown and to the park at our friends house until the weather warms enough for their pool to open then we will be heading to the pool where Gabe will get to lounge with our friend's daughter of about the same age and I will be teaching Kenzi to swim.

I am looking forward to having everything running like clock work around here and the best part is that its getting close to working that way.  Anyway, next week we will get to find out how much Gabe has grown and I will find out if I can start working out and losing the weight I want to lose, I am going to try and lose 40 pounds in a little under 7 months.  So watch for updates from this momma as things get better and the kids grow up. 

No comments: