Welcome to my crazy life

Just a quick welcome from me to you and a thank you for reading and following along on the crazy road which I call my life. Here you will be able to follow along the ups and downs of our little family's life and adventures as we grow, learn and travel. Plus I will give up some advice on things I have done that seemed to have helped with getting my daughter and son to learn different functions, from sleeping through the night to eating all her food and beyond. Also if you have a question please feel free to leave it in a comment and I will happily make a post just to answer your question. Also keep a look out for new and old product reviews as well as special events. Here's to the family life and to a crazy adventure.

Saturday, February 25, 2012

February has come and gone, one month of the deployment is gone...

When dealing with deployment you can't really do a full count down since you don't know when they are coming home besides having a 2 month time frame some months away, depending on the length of deployment.  For us we have 7 months to deal with.  I have found that one way to really keep the weeks rolling is to count them off the overall time. What I have decided to do is on my calendar I have written the week marks and as we pass it I circle and cross out the number, thus we are just shy of 1 month down, one month behind us.  So as I have been MIA, or UA for those military suave, for the last few weeks, I have had visitors and that by far is the best way to get time to fly.  First I was visited by my bestie from college, Kari, who came out for a 10 day visit.  It was so nice to see her as I haven't seen her in a little over a year.

Some of the things I took her to see included 2 military bases for the exchange part of it, a few malls, Atlantic Beach, drove by a historic fort, walked around historic sector of New Bern, and just hung out and caught up.  It was nice to have an adult to talk to in person and be able to relax with her after the kids went to bed was great.  We laughed and just talked about everything that has happened since last we were hanging out, needless to say we had a lot to talk about. She was also a huge help with the kids and gave me peace of mind when bathing either child. Something else that got done while she was here was a blanket that I had been working on for her since we graduated college back in 2007. It took me long enough to get it done, but I am pretty sure she loves her new blanket.  Overall the visit was so nice and ended entirely to quickly, but she does have obligations back home and though we both would have been happy to see her flight get delayed or cancelled even on more day it was going to have to end eventually either way.  It is always hard to say good bye to such a wonderful friend when you don't know when you will get to see each other again but at least we know that no matter how long we go without see each other we can always pick right back up where we left off.

Then over the last week my older sister was out for a visit, and this was surely over due.  My sister and I haven't had sister time in way too long.  So, even though I have 2 kids to take care of now, we were finally able to have some sister time.   She surprised me with a new and larger diaper bag, which I had begged her for and she had told me that she would look into it but wasn't sure if she could, by the way great cover, as the bag is perfect for a mom of 2.  I also had a little surprise for her with a visit with her best friend as well, and the best was that our mom and step mom both knew that this visit was setup and we were all able to keep it from my sister.  It was so much fun to show my sister where I have been living lately and for her to see Makenzi and meet Gabriel.  Both my children love their Aunt Shelle for sure, Gabe especially loved to fall asleep on her.  Unfortunately we only had one really nice day that we took advantage of by going and walking around historic downtown and let Makenzi play in the park for a little as well.  It was so nice to have her out and just be able to spend some one and one time with her and talk to her about everything and anything. Yet again her visit flew bye and seemed way to short but I am so thankful for what time we did have together. 

Even though both visits seemed very short I am so thankful for both visits and hope that they both had fun visiting us as well.  It really helped to get past this first month which I hope the momentum from these visits will keep time flying for the next few months or that other will come to visit soon. 

Staying busy is not a hard thing to do with 2 kids but evenings are hard, when you just want to relax and have no one to really relax with besides a cat and a computer/phone.  I guess its time to pull out all the crafts I have started but never finished and we will see how fast things get completed.  Anyway, if you want to come visit just let me know and I'll happily come get you from the airport.  Take care everyone.

No comments: