Welcome to my crazy life

Just a quick welcome from me to you and a thank you for reading and following along on the crazy road which I call my life. Here you will be able to follow along the ups and downs of our little family's life and adventures as we grow, learn and travel. Plus I will give up some advice on things I have done that seemed to have helped with getting my daughter and son to learn different functions, from sleeping through the night to eating all her food and beyond. Also if you have a question please feel free to leave it in a comment and I will happily make a post just to answer your question. Also keep a look out for new and old product reviews as well as special events. Here's to the family life and to a crazy adventure.

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Gabe At 3 Months old

Gabe turned 3 months old and it feels like just yesterday he was turning 1 day old. He is growing by leaps and bounds and I cannot be prouder. He can roll over, hold his head up, sit with support. He can stand for short periods of time with a little help. He smiles and coos at me and actually will follow me with his eyes around the room.  He also loves playing with his Mickey Mouse security blanket, something I hear him do in the morning when he wakes up and chews on throughout the day. He is starting to teethe and, thanks to the Born Free bottle, we have much fewer spit up episodes. I have switched him into the size 2 diapers already and slowly switching him into 3-6 month clothing.  As I find clothing getting a little tight on him I remove it from his clothing rotation and as I notice something getting into range for him to wear it goes into rotation.  Though Gabe is still sleeping in our room, he is starting to sleep in his room for naps and I am about to move all his clothing up stairs so that our room slowly starts getting back to normal.  for the most part he sleeps through the night but with him waking up at 6 am every day for breakfast and my knees not being up to par I decided to keep him downstairs for a little longer as to avoid my knee blowing out because I am not paying attention so early coming down the stairs.

Some of the things I have been trying with him is having him sit without assistance, this works for a small period of time until he pushes himself to one side and falls over so I only do this on the couch which I think he likes falling back on the couch since he kept doing it. Another thing I'm doing with him is having him spend time in the exersaucer, he gets to work on balance with his head and get some leg exercise as he likes to go in circles in this. He also has started to laugh today which is technically 3 months and a day old.  Another thing I have been adamant about is keeping him to a bed time and for the most part a bed time routine. Even though I don't bathe him every night I do make sure that he gets lotion put on him, that he gets that super clean diaper (regardless of when I changed his diaper last), he get put into pjs, and then a warm bottle, a little rocking and then normally he is off to sleep, all this is done by 7pm too.  I know early bed time but he sleeps until 6am and I noticed that if he gets to bed to far after 7 that he ends up waking up at 3 am and then 6 am and then 7 and 8 and 9, thus he goes to bed by 7pm and then Kenzi and I play until 7:45 at which she gets into her pjs and we go up to her room where she get a story and tucked in with a kiss and a wish and off to sleep she goes by 8pm. 

Schedules like these are important because they let your kid know hey its time for you to sleep and get some rest for tomorrow.  This is also the best thing you can do for your child every night, have a set routine of what you do, you can always deviate a little from it like not bathing every night or adding some cuddle time in should they have a tough day. I also try to keep them eating meals around the same time every day though this doesn't always work out I still keep it as close as I can.

So Gabe is now taking 5 ounce bottles during the day and a whopping 8 ounce bottle at bed time, though I may be making 6 ounce bottles for day time and 9 for bed here soon.  Also I was told to give him a little rice cereal in his bottles to help keep it down which I think coupled with his bottles has majorly helped.  Oh and he gets 3 meals and 1 snack bottle which right now is just a little 3 ounce bottle but will be going up to 4 ounces soon as well.  He is starting to get fussy with how quickly he can drink the #2 nippled bottles and has been continuing to search for more after he empties the bottle so upping his amounts may be just the ticket.  Today with his breakfast and dinner bottles I had to give him his pacifier (which he never takes) to sooth him and get him to go to sleep. 

Like I said I am so proud of Gabe and how far he has already come.  He is starting to sooth himself and understands that I can't always hold him right when he wants to be held though he picked up Kenzi's quirk with when she sees me running around the house and wants my attention she cries at me, well so does he now, but after I give them both a little attention and adjust everything for them he continues to cry at me (no tears just making the crying sound) for a good 15 minutes.  Something he has taught me is that he will scream at me when he wants his diaper changed and when that happens he doesn't stop until its changed.  Already being demanding.

Makenzi is being a great big sister as well, she like to take his favorite toy and bring it to me which causes him to cry.  I am working on getting her to stop doing it.  She also gives him kisses and hugs and when he is on the couch she likes to sit with him too, even if every time I see her get up with him and try to get a picture she is too fast to get down.  She talks to him when he starts to get upset and shows him her toys and lets him play with a few of them. She also likes to try and put her sunglasses on him which I also had to put a stop to as she stuck him in the cheek and made him cry yet again, I felt bad because I was just sitting next to him watching her go to put her sunglasses on him, after I got him calmed back down I explained to her that he doesn't like purple sunglasses. She also enjoys patting him on his head lightly to show affection to him.  It is so cute because when she does this she normally is saying "It otay."

I am so happy that I have been given the chance to stay at home with my babies and raise them with a good steady life.  Though Daddy has to be away we make sure that he is part of their every day life one way or another.  Kenzi gets to hear his voice every day when we read the book he recorded for her, and they get to talk to him from time to time on the phone as well. I also show them pictures which we have all over the house and Kenzi is good at pointing out who everyone is in the pictures too.  If you show her a picture with Daddy, mommy and Kenzi in it then you ask where is Kenzi she points herself out, the same with mommy and daddy and Gabe if he is in a picture, though she calls him baby or bubba. 

Anyway, I am starting to get off subject so I must wrap this update up.  Gabe is doing great and I can't wait to introduce food to him.  First up will be rice cereal next month for sure.  Stay tuned to see how I get Mr. Gabe to eat solids and what Makenzi might say next.  Life is ever changing with 2 under 2.

No comments: