Welcome to my crazy life

Just a quick welcome from me to you and a thank you for reading and following along on the crazy road which I call my life. Here you will be able to follow along the ups and downs of our little family's life and adventures as we grow, learn and travel. Plus I will give up some advice on things I have done that seemed to have helped with getting my daughter and son to learn different functions, from sleeping through the night to eating all her food and beyond. Also if you have a question please feel free to leave it in a comment and I will happily make a post just to answer your question. Also keep a look out for new and old product reviews as well as special events. Here's to the family life and to a crazy adventure.

Thursday, August 2, 2012

2 under 2 no more :)

Well, this has been in my cards the whole times I have been a mom of 2.  That one day I could no longer claim I am a mom of 2 under 2 as my oldest is now 2.  I wouldn't be taking this that hard if my husband was home to celebrate this amazing thing with us, but we have decided to wait until he gets home to celebrate our little girl's birthday it was still hard to deal with alone.  Luckily we were able to go and share the day with others dealing with this deployment at the squadron and learn some new things about ourselves in the process.  I learned that as long as my daughter is playing with toys I can leave her with a sitter with out her realizing I left and not have her freak out when I get back. I also learned that my son does not know what to do when a man is holding him and kind of freaks out.  Our commanding officer picked him up while they were trying to get him a bottle and I guess he was not sure if he liked being held by a guy, this should make homecoming interesting. 

So with everything going on I am trying to finish getting the house organized and finally have made some head way with pulling things out of the attic and going through them.  I have 3 big boxes to donate to homeless shelters or thrift stores depending on what I find in the area and I am sure I have more to add to that.  I decided that enough was enough and that we did not need to be carrying things around with us for no reason.  I still have about 5 boxes in the attic left to pull out but I decided that the 5 I pulled today would need to be dealt with first and put away properly.  It really feels great to get things organized and I am amazed at the things I have found.  I have a million pads of paper, a bunch of unused flash cards, binders with dividers, a ton of pens, and so much more so I think I am set to go back to school. Yes I am going to be going back to school and getting my Masters of Arts in History with a concentration on European History, hopefully.  I will be figuring everything out once my husband gets home and I can get into the education office on base.

Anyway, so life has been on the go go go here with play dates, beach trips, shopping trips, and plenty of birthday parties to go around.  I know that life isn't going to slow down this month with finishing the house organization and getting my projects finished but shopping trips will not be happening any further until the hubby gets home with one exception to go pick up a free toy my daughter got from Toys R Us, yay for birthday clubs. Well, that is what is going on here. I am continuing to keep busy and keep the kids busy as well and just hope I can really get this house organized finally (clean too).

Well, stay tuned to check out what happens next in our crazy on the go life. 

Quick tip, when facing deployments and you have children who enjoy coloring or making art projects, the best way to keep dad or mom involved with the kids is to send those projects in a care package to show progression or just the creative side of your child.  We had tons of fun coloring and the using the pages to decorate the care packages with the pictures and inspirational notes. 

No comments: