Welcome to my crazy life

Just a quick welcome from me to you and a thank you for reading and following along on the crazy road which I call my life. Here you will be able to follow along the ups and downs of our little family's life and adventures as we grow, learn and travel. Plus I will give up some advice on things I have done that seemed to have helped with getting my daughter and son to learn different functions, from sleeping through the night to eating all her food and beyond. Also if you have a question please feel free to leave it in a comment and I will happily make a post just to answer your question. Also keep a look out for new and old product reviews as well as special events. Here's to the family life and to a crazy adventure.

Friday, July 27, 2012

Gabriel and Makenzi big update










The kids are growing like weeds. Gabe Turned 6 months at the beginning of July and weighs 16 pounds and is 28 1/4 inches tall which is the same height at Makenzi at 18 months.  He is tall and skinny just like his daddy.  He is already wearing 6/9 month pjs though his regular clothing range from 0/3 month stuff to 6/9 month stuff.  It is amazing to say he is finally growing out of some of the 0/3 and 3/6 month stuff but most of it still fits besides the pjs.  He took his 6 month shots like a pro and only cried for a minute his doctor said he is very healthy and though weight is in the 60% his height and head have him in the 90% so they said he was good to go.  Gabe these days enjoys rolling around on the floor, attempting to sit on his own, holding his chest off the ground, eating pureed foods, holding his own bottle, and attempting to feed himself Gerber Puffs.  He has had very little interest in crawling but loves to jump in the jumper and watch Makenzi run around. He just loves when she stops to talk to him or plays with him.  She also likes to give him toys he cant really play with but at least she is sharing.

Makenzi is also growing up so fast.  She is now 2 years old and just like me.  she is 28 pounds and 35 inches tall.  She also took her shot like a champ and had also did pretty good with getting her picture done for her 2nd birthday.  Though we didn't have a party on her birthday we are planning to have one when Tyler gets home, we did get to sing to her at a homecoming banner making party which she loved all the attention and had a blast running around with the other kids.  She has so much fun playing with kids right around her age as well as playing with kids that are a quite a bit older than her as well.  She is also adding words and actually saying sentences now. We will soon be starting her potty training and I have gotten some great tips from everyone so if one tip doesn't work we will try another and I have a few that I plan to use together so thank you everyone for your success tips.  I am also happy to say she likes getting her hair done up daily and likes wearing "shoes and socks" as she likes to say.  I cannot believe all the words she has picked up now and she sings along to twinkle twinkle little star and is starting to sing the ABCs along with a handful of songs from her favorite shows.

Well, lately we have just been keeping super busy with play dates and going thru different stuff in the house trying to get rid of things we do not need to be storing. I have also been working hard on getting projects completed because I know when Tyler gets home I will have even less time and energy to do them, so, I have been trying to get them further along if not completed.  I know Makenzi is benefiting big time from getting to play with other kids and have gotten to see a completely different side of her with sharing, which she is pretty good at.  Just today she was being a brat and not sharing when I told her she better share or I am letting the other child have both toys she promptly handed one of the toys over then when she saw how happy the other child was she handed the other toy over and found something else to play with. Gabe also loves being around other kids and I think loves the kids attention than adult attention.  He is all smiles most of the time and Makenzi is too.  I try to keep them occupied and on schedule for the most part though I take them off their schedule from time to time to keep things interesting for all of us.  We have also been able to get thru a full day of running errands with little to no break downs.  I know Makenzi misses her daddy and I cannot wait to have my family whole again.

I am doing well with everything as well. I have managed to lose most of the weight I have been wanting to just a little to go and I will get to my ideal weight.  I have kept myself busy with projects and currently have 1 painting left to do, 3 quilts to finish, and 2 blankets to finish. Plus getting the house fully cleaned up and ready for the hubby to come home to and relax.  Still have a little time to go and so wish I could tell everyone when he will be back but security is our main concern and am unable to pass that information along.  I guess its time to really go thru each room one at a time and clean and organize each room.  Well, that is all that is going on out here.

Stay tuned for the next post I have some great new projects finished and some reviews coming your way.  Take care and thanks for reading.

No comments: