Welcome to my crazy life

Just a quick welcome from me to you and a thank you for reading and following along on the crazy road which I call my life. Here you will be able to follow along the ups and downs of our little family's life and adventures as we grow, learn and travel. Plus I will give up some advice on things I have done that seemed to have helped with getting my daughter and son to learn different functions, from sleeping through the night to eating all her food and beyond. Also if you have a question please feel free to leave it in a comment and I will happily make a post just to answer your question. Also keep a look out for new and old product reviews as well as special events. Here's to the family life and to a crazy adventure.

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Bringing home Gabriel

So we've been home for a few days now and it feels surreal. Gabriel was born January 6, 2012 weighing 7lbs 4oz and 22 inches long. His hair was a dirty blond at birth and has darkened quite a bit which I am hoping it is dark like mine. We are slowly getting into the swing of having 2 kids and though Makenzi is acting out a little towards us she is very loving towards Gabriel with kissing him good night and tryin to comfort him when he cries or just walks over and see he's awake and will have a little cnversation with him. For me the hardest part is getting the diaper on just right as I'm still figuring that out I'm going through out fits like crazy. But once he is healed I think it'll be much easier to change him. He is also enjoying breastfeeding and Makenzi is completely understanding in me needing time to feed him which is wonderful. I know that the coming months are going to be stressfull with Ty being away and me having to take care of 2 kids on my own but I know that this is going to be an amazing adventure for our family. It's just getting everything running smoothly with paying bills, rent, and outing aside savings and having enough for groceries too. But after the first month I should have it all running well. I think the biggest thing is to not be in a hurry with anything and making everything as easy as possible too. Okay so back to our real subject here. Bring home Gabriel. It seemed like our couple days in the hospital went by so quickly. Our whole event started at 5am on Friday the 6th of January when we got up and loaded our bags and selves into the car. Makenzi was sound asleep with mawmaw and granny on the couch to stay with her through the whole weekend. We arrived at the hospital to check in right at 5:45am and after a few minutes of waiting the nurse came and walked us back to the preopperating room to get ready for our c section. We had get changed and then they put IVs in both arms and a heart monitor attached to my finger and they used some thread and lotion to get my wedding ring off. Once I was fully set for the c section Ty was able to come back in and we waited for all the doctors and nurse to come by and give us a run through of how the operation would go for their end. Then Ty was sent to the waiting room again while I was rolled into the operating room and set up in there. Of course once I got in there and was sitting on the operating table I freaked a little and started to cry. The nursing staff was great an calmed me down big time. Then the spinal block was put in which he did a great job as it barely hurt and was done so quickly that I wa laying down on the table before I knew what was going on. Then I slowly felt the medicine take affect starting with my toes and sweeping up to my chest. Then the doctor came in and started tests to make sure I couldn't feel where they were going to be cutting into which went well. And finally Ty was brought back in to hold my hand and witness Gabriel's birth. So the c section went well besides me freaking out once because I started to choke on snot right after they got Gabriel out but they calmed me down and then I was able to enjoy the first sounds of Gabriel's life then they gave Gabriel to Ty and took a few pictures of us with Gabriel and printed them before we left the room. I was told that I had an ideal c section with less than normal bleeding and an easy pull out of the baby. Once the photos were printed Ty and Gabriel went to the nursery for Gabriel's post op stuff while I waited in actual post op for feeling to come back to my lower half and to be able to breath again. It was the longest hour of my life and I just couldn't wait to hold my little guy. Once I was able to start to move my legs again I was moved up stairs to my private recovery room. Shortly after getting to our room they brought Gabriel in and told me that for the first 24 hours I couldn't be left alone with Gabriel in the room which was sad to me but I understood since I couldn't get out of bed. Life was changing and so had our family. Once we were settled into the room Ty went and got his mom grandma and Makenzi to come meet Gabriel. When they got there I was just getting to the room and Makenzi saw me and freaked. They were alloud to come into the room shortly and she instantly wanted me which was a little hard as I had the 2 IVs and now sticthes across my mid section so she was held up to me so I could love on her then Gabriel was brought in and everyone held him Makenzi kissed him then I got to love on him a little more before Makenzi decided she was bored and we had to send Gabriel back to the nursery while Ty took everyone home and I Passed out for a little. The rest of the day I slept alot and was having a little problem breathing so was getting checked on every hour. The next day everything came out and I was forced to get up and move which was fine because Gabriel was brought in and left with us he also started nursing that first night and had it down by that morning. That night I had my knee fall out and the nursery was nice enough to take care of him for me. Luckily they staff was great and quick to respond to my call for help and laughed with me when all of it happened. That afternoon Gabriel also had his circumcision and were taught how to care for it which would take about a week to heal up. Sunday came in a hurry and we were ready to come home when we were informed that due to a large influx of deliveries that morning we would be slightly delayed with getting out of there. 1st it was my doctor being in a c section but she ran up quickly and signed of on me going home then we were waiting on the nursery as the Pediatrician had told us we were clear to go home the nursery had to do the discharge papers and had gotten swamped adding almost 3 hours to our wait to go home. Finally they came and went over some paper work with is and we were released so Ty took all our stuff down to the care while Gabriel and I went to the nursery to get his arm band removed so we could leave. Then we were wheeled to the exit where Ty was waiting with the car and we put Gabriel in and finally headed home. It's been such an amazing ride but I do miss the nursery these nights with still having to go o the bathroom 1/2 way through the night. I got spoiled with room service and nurses attending to me. Though my husband is taking good care of me and the kids. Well that's the word bird. Keep and eye out for updates on how our family is adjusting and what is to come next.

No comments: