Welcome to my crazy life

Just a quick welcome from me to you and a thank you for reading and following along on the crazy road which I call my life. Here you will be able to follow along the ups and downs of our little family's life and adventures as we grow, learn and travel. Plus I will give up some advice on things I have done that seemed to have helped with getting my daughter and son to learn different functions, from sleeping through the night to eating all her food and beyond. Also if you have a question please feel free to leave it in a comment and I will happily make a post just to answer your question. Also keep a look out for new and old product reviews as well as special events. Here's to the family life and to a crazy adventure.

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Gabriel's first birthday and all his accomplishments


My how time sure flies. This time last year I was healing from a c-section and my husband was preparing to deploy but we did survive and now have celebrated with family and friends our little Gabriel turning one year old. It is amazing all he has done and how much he has grown.  Starting as our little peanut at 7 pounds 4 ounces at birth now weighs 22 pounds and 8.3 ounces. The funniest part is that he has a good chance of catching Makenzi in the coming months for weight.

Gabriel has accomplished so much in a year he can crawl regularly and pull himself up effortlessly as well as use furniture to walk across the room. He eats normal food and drinks milk with out issues. He is fascinated by Disney's Cars and we are slowly turning his room into a Cars room. He can say "Mama", "Dada", "baba", "no", and "hi".  He waves and claps his hand. He loves banging on hard surfaces to make noise. He has the funniest laugh and make fun expressions depending on the environment. He's very opinionated already and if he doesn't like something, he let's you know big time.  However with making that comment he also is very receptive to new experiences and will try any food we put in front of him.

The relationship between Gabriel and Makenzi is also growing and blooming into a wonderful friendship.  They don't always get along but Makenzi is very loving and helpful with her little brother. She stays on top of his sippie cup staying full and will set it on the counter when empty or if he leaves it for long enough sitting in the toys. She also helps him with play time and teaches him how to play with his self propelling cars among other toys.  Makenzi will also let me know if Gabriel is doing something he isn't suppose to or if he is running his eyes. Its so cute.

The last little update I wanted to share was that I'm super excited about a trip to California in the making for this May. Not only will it be Gabe's first plane trip and California trip but we will be taking the kids to Disneyland, Sea World, the San Diego Zoo, as well as visiting the mountains for a few days and Santa Barbara for a few days so put aside some time to come visit with us or join us for one of the parks. I'll let y'all know dates once we get them.

Thank you all for the love and support. This year is promising to be very entertaining and I'll be sharing everything I can along the way.

No comments: