Welcome to my crazy life

Just a quick welcome from me to you and a thank you for reading and following along on the crazy road which I call my life. Here you will be able to follow along the ups and downs of our little family's life and adventures as we grow, learn and travel. Plus I will give up some advice on things I have done that seemed to have helped with getting my daughter and son to learn different functions, from sleeping through the night to eating all her food and beyond. Also if you have a question please feel free to leave it in a comment and I will happily make a post just to answer your question. Also keep a look out for new and old product reviews as well as special events. Here's to the family life and to a crazy adventure.

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Getting ready for Christmas...and Gabriel.

Life here has been hectic.  Lots of unexpected mishaps that have worked themselves out finally and thus our life is starting to actually feel like its getting settled down here in New Bern.  Though money is tough for us just like everyone else we are trying to keep a great and happy air to our holiday preparation.  We have been able to buy some Christmas presents for Miss Makenzi, of course we wish there was more for her but we do what we can, and I am sure many of you are feeling the same about your own children. We have decided this year is going to be a Disney Princess kinda year which I know she is just going to love.  On top of getting ready for Christmas with decorating and trying to keep ornaments on our tree, which is now bare half way down thanks to a special little girl, and cleaning the house; we are also getting ready for our family addition, Gabriel, who should be coming into the world either the end of December or beginning of January.

For the pregnancy progress update: so far so good, the doctor assures me that everything is going great, no sugar issue and my blood pressure is doing great and stay low.  However, I am feeling extra tired lately and have noticed a loss of appetite as of late, mainly because when I eat a whole lot I get an upset tummy and then Gabe decides he is going to kick and push on everything he can to cause me pain.  Oh well I am sure the doctor will just tell me it is normal like everything else I have worried about.  Gabe has been very active in the last few weeks and enjoys to be active so I am hoping that he wares himself out so when he makes his big entrance that he will just want to sleep all the time and let me ease into having 2 children.

Update on Makenzi: She is growing like a weed big time.  She has been eating like crazy and has been on the cranky side of things which I think means she is either getting those 4 missing teeth in or she is going through a growth spurt.  With that said I have started to switch her clothing over to 18 month size clothing and have her 24 month and 2T clothing waiting in the wings in case she does a big growth spurt.  I like to be prepared and so we are doing our best to keep things in order.  Shortly after Christmas we will be switching her into a toddler bed so that I can get the nursery fully set up and ready for Gabe so when he is ready to go into his own room it'll be ready for him.

I feel like there is still so much to be done before the little guy gets here and so much we still need to get for both him and Makenzi, but I just have to take it one day at a time and do a lot of shopping around to find that perfect price and piece. I have made a lot of pieces that would have been bought other days, like his name plaque for his door, and the letters for his wall.  I made 2 blankets and 1 quilt and am working on a knit blanket for his as well. I also made out great with getting supplies to make our 2011 Christmas ornaments which turned out great. I even made one for either Gabe if he decided to come before Christmas or just a family ornament if he decided to wait until the new year.

Coming up in the next week I will be announcing when we are actually scheduled for Gabe's arrival and what scramble we are going through, as well as, announcing what we have left to get for both kids before Gabe gets here.  I will also be working on getting a second additions for this blog which will high light everything I have for sale from my hair bows to my quilts as well as knit blankets, hats and scarves. This will have pricing as well as great pictures too.

Well, life is getting better every day even if I am not sleeping that great these days.  First its nice to have my family all in one place again and second we are excited to almost have our little boy in our arms to enjoy as a complete family.  Life can be pretty tough and we are learning from each trial the importance to be prepared for each possibility.  However the number of things you need to be prepared for is stifling and is taking us a little longer to make sure we are prepared is hard to do when so much was going on at once but like I said we are getting there and it'll be so much better once we get the safety nets truly in place.  Thank you all for all the support in these trying days and I am hoping that in the coming days and in the new year we can enjoy life and get things truly on track for a happy and prosperous future.  I wish the same for all of you and look forward to all of us having a wonderful holiday season and new year.

No comments: